MS in Financial Analysis Online
Get started on your Journey
The School of Business and Leadership (SBL) offers an online Master of Science degree in Financial Analysis that will provide students with expertise in several areas of applied finance such as corporate finance, financial institutions, financial analysis, fixed-income analysis, derivatives and portfolio management. Students who complete the degree will have acquired the necessary data-analytic skills for conducting advanced-level analysis and interpretation of complex financial data and financial instruments.
The focus of the program is on the data analysis in finance based on recent trends in the market with significantly growing interest in the analytical tools used in all areas of business including accounting and finance.
The curriculum emphasizes theory, application, financial modeling and trends in financial data analytics.
- To provide professionals with advanced-level skills in financial-economic theory and applications
- To provide graduates with a deep understanding of the financial processes of complex business organizations
- To provide students with a fundamental knowledge and technical skills for presenting and interpreting complex financial information that is often utilized by senior executive leadership within corporations.
Upon graduation, students in the MS in Financial Analysis program will be prepared to demonstrate professional knowledge and the newly acquired data-analytic skills necessary to address a variety of fast paced and changing circumstances within the business world.
The 30-credit hour program consists of 10 online courses and can be completed in less than two years for students taking classes part-time during the fall, spring and summer semesters. Students who wish to fast-track and attend classes full-time can complete the program in one year.
The online format provides students maximum flexibility.
The following are the courses that make up the MS Financial Analysis degree program:
- Financial Economic Theory
- Mathematics for Finance and Business Analytics
- Statistical Analysis in Finance
- Corporate Finance
- Corporate Reports and Financial Statement Analysis
- Data Analysis in Finance
- Fixed Income Securities
- Financial Derivatives
- Valuation and Portfolios
- Advanced Financial Applications
Students with non-business majors and students with business majors who received their degrees more than five years ago are required to take the following leveling courses:
- Business Math and Statistics
- Financial Accounting
- Corporate Finance
The leveling courses can be waived for the following groups:
- Business majors who graduated less than five years ago
- Non-business majors who graduated less than five years ago and passed a related course with a B or better grade
- A year of experience in a relevant position (e.g., one year of experience in an accounting-related position would possibly waive the "Financial Accounting" leveling course).