Applying for VA Benefits
Applying for V.A. Benefits at the Financial Aid Office will help eligible veterans obtain financial assistance and information on Veteran's Benefits while attending OLLU.
The student must be eligible under one of the following programs:
- Chapter 30: Montgomery GI Bill
- Chapter 31: VA Vocational Rehabilitation
- Chapter 32: Post-Vietnam Era VA Benefits
- Chapter 35: Survivors/Dependents Education Benefits
- Chapter 1606: Selected Reserve-Montgomery GI Bill
Important Information for all students receiving VA Education Benefits
- Only courses listed on your degree plan can be certified for VA benefits. A veteran will not be certified for a repeated course unless the first attempt resulted in a failing grade.
- NO courses for which previous credit has been received may be repeated.
- Each student is responsible for submitting a copy of their payment arrangement paperwork to the Veterans Coordinator each term/semester they plan to use their VA benefits Certification will not be submitted to VA until receipt of such paperwork.
- Must meet Standards of Academic Progress
- Processing time for your VA check is eight weeks. If you have not received your check by the eighth week, call the toll-free number to verify the status. If a problem is reported by the VA, meet with the OLLU Veterans' Coordinator.
- V.A. Hotline: 888-442-4551 (888-GI BILL 1)